I may have mentioned we have a lot of tomatoes from the garden right now. I’ve made lots of salads and other dishes with tomatoes but sometimes you just want something super simple. And one of my go to dishes is sliced heirloom tomatoes with burrata cheese. Simple, easy, and delicious. I love the fresh tomatoes with the creaminess of the cheese just slathered on some gluten free bread. It is a great snack/appetizer, or sometimes we just have it as a meal!
I tried the Against the Grain Rosemary Baguette and really liked it. It was crusty but soft on the inside. It was perfect for the tomatoes and cheese. But if you didn’t want it on bread you could just eat the tomatoes and buratta by themselves. A perfect summertime dish!
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, any color, sliced
- 1 ball of burrata cheese
- 5-7 basil leaves, chiffonade
- good quality olive oil
- Sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- gluten free baguette, sliced (optional)
- In a shallow dish or plate lay out tomatoes without overlapping too much. leave small space in the middle for burrata. Generously salt and pepper the tomatoes. Let sit while cutting up the baguette and basil.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and sprikle basil across the tomatoes. Place buratta in the center of the tomatoes. Serve with bagguette slices.